Lighthouse, Camera, Action!!!

This week was quite different from what we have experienced thus far at Outer Banks. It started with Endeavors Magazine coming out to record us in classes and doing our capstone measurements. Lo and behold, I got my shot at making it big time. Now to describe me in one word, I would say I am pretty chaotic, so prepare yourself for this blog. 

So I started my Monday morning as I normally do. I woke up and drove out to my internship with Quible. Everything was fine until I got to a gas station where I proceeded to spill gas down my leg. I got to Quible and had to do a quick outfit change, but me and Brian set out to look at some of his old projects around Kitty Hawk. We went and walked around Sandy Run Park where I got to see Brian’s wife, Meg Rubino’s artwork! Tuesday was spent going to class as normal, with a small twist of only half of us attending Linda’s class for the Game of Floods. It was a very nice break from normal class time and we ended up reaching our goal! Wednesday was a day full of activities. We started by looking at our data and creating charts/graphs, went to Jennette’s pier for a lab, and ended the day by distributing a few flyers and finding places to do our survey! I had some nice conversations with the ladies who did our survey and they were very excited to help out college students. On Thursday, Lee Leidy came to talk to us about Land Conservation Law and we got to partake in a simulation game posing as different groups! Finally, the moment we have all been waiting for, our Friday field trip… We went up to the Northern Beaches and started with a little tour of Duck. Next, we went to Pine Island Audubon Sanctuary and had a discussion about conservation with Robbie Fearn. After this activity, we went and explored around Currituck County and went up the lighthouse. I just kind of ran up the stairs and went immediately out to the amazing view. Finally, we got to go and see the wild horses of Corolla. While it was nice to see the wild horses, I think most of us were frozen by the end of it and I definitely had some of the best pizza of my life that day (not sure if that was just the hunger speaking or what). 

Overall this week was pretty fun and filled with new information and learning. Segueing to the weekend, we took some more measurements for our Capstone! It was not raining this time and we could see all the stars, so it was much more enjoyable. Next, we went to the Island Farm Pumpkin Patch and picked out our pumpkins. We walked around and saw some of the animals around the area and I was captivated by the chickens. I don’t quite know why but I found them to be rather entertaining and a few of them started to fight. My significant other joined us on our weekend adventures. While I am enjoying my time out here, it is nice to have a piece of home come to visit. I got to act like a tour guide and only got lost once! Thank you for reading my blog!